Friday, November 1, 2013

Homage to a Glue Gun

Photo Courtesy of: www.thebudgetfashionista.com
What is the most important tool in my entire cheap repertoire? Well besides a computer and internet connection, it is my trusty glue gun. Last night as I was putting the finishing touches on costumes and preparing last minute decorations, I realized just how amazing this one little tool is for stretching my money that much further.



Glue guns are not just the occasional weapon for burning yourself unexpectedly, alas, they are also the ultimate handy man or woman tool. I don't feel like people truly give these little things the respect they deserve. I honestly can't tell you how many times one of these little guys has gotten me out a bind. Whether it is something broken that needs to be fixed or pieced back together, or something I need to put together from scratch, this little guy comes to my rescue. I've tried all types of quick glues

Every frugal family, no matter how small, should own a glue gun. I guarantee you will use it more than you expect. One time I even fixed a television with one of these suckers! To do this day it works great! Try scouring your local thrift stores or yard sales as you can often find glue guns there for much cheaper than in the stores. If you can't find one there try Hobby Lobby. They always have a 40% coupon for one regularly priced item posted on their store website. For all you crafters and do it yourselfers out there this will surely come in handy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment