Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Angel's Introduction

Me! Just one part of this crazy family!
I look at a blog as as sort of diary or book that tells an individual story of a person. Therefore, it is only befitting that I start my blog from the beginning. My name is Angel D. I was born in New England but have lived pretty much all over. Let me start by saying that I come from pretty humble (that's putting it lightly) beginnings. I was a welfare child, a kid who know one thought would succeed, but most of all I was just a kid who wanted to be like everybody else... 


 I think as animals some of us uniquely excel at finding a way of adapting to whatever challenges are handed to us along our journey. I say some of us because some people choose not to adapt and from there evolution is left to run its course. However, there are fortunate few who instead choose to fight to death, and view life itself as the ultimate battle of man vs. wild. I have my entire life fighting the hand that was dealt to me and fighting statistics in order to succeed. 


People often ask me how I juggle my PhD goals, work, family, and somehow manage to still have fun in the process. I do it because I see it as a stepping stone to something more, something not necessarily better, but to a place where I have the potential for continued successes. Ultimately I see success as something that has to be earned and it is earned through sacrifice. Sacrifices must be made to get where we want to go. These aren't necessarily always financial sacrifices either. Sometimes its friends, a social life, family, and even our body. We do it all in the name of success. However, a large part of the sacrifice on me and my family's part has been financially. 

We go without certain things to have more money to spend on other things of our choosing. On top of that we find creative ways to save money without have alot of time to devoting to a system. We are a busy family with alot of things going on and I am sure many of you are as well. It is my hope that this blog will show you practical ways to save and manage your money effectively and maybe do some soul searching along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment