Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Values of YouTube

Photo Courtesy of: www.youtube.com
What better way to do something than to do it yourself. That's what I always say. Another way we save money around this house is by doing it ourselves. You know how some people used to say, "There's an app for that," well around this house we similarly believe there is a YouTube video for any situation that requires assistance...




You would honestly be amazed at the wealth of resources on YouTube. You can find everything from videos on learning how to knit, to how to fix your cracked cell phone screen (which is so much better than paying the crazy prices people charge for insurance to replace!). We fix a lot of stuff in our house from watching YouTube videos. My husband now can fix cracked screens by his self and replace electrical components in things like game consoles and flat screen TVs.


This YouTube fascination came about several years ago when I first introduced my husband to the art of Dumpster Diving after college move out. We found two flat screen TV's in great condition that wouldn't turn on. Figuring since they were free we would try to repair them, my husband starting scouring the internet for something to help him make the necessary repairs. We found YouTube videos on the subject by accident upon typing in the make and model online. From there we fix and maintain all types of things, even our car! I used YouTube to learn how to change my oil myself and have been doing it myself ever since. 

Another great resource on YouTube is the how to's for more practical things like doing your hair and makeup for special occasions and even playing instruments. I also love watching the workout videos on YouTube. Most importantly, YouTube is completely free but can save you tons if you leverage it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment